About Me

My photo
I'm complicated. As long as you get that, it's pretty simple...

Friday, April 16, 2010

sparkling concrete

It was a crisp, dewey morning. The kind where you can smell it will be warmer later so you don't wear a coat, even though it's cold, 'cause you know you'll just end up carrying it for most of the day. I was in a decent mood for someone who isn't a morning person. The air was hopeful as it always is on those first days of spring after a blistery winter.

I was walking down the street marvelling at the sidewalk and how someone thought to mix glitter in with the concrete so it would sparkle in the sunlight. It was one of those charming innovations like playing "Singing in the Rain" over the produce section when the mini sprinklers water the vegetables in the grocery store. Unnecessary, but charming. Extra effort for charming-sake. Sparkling concrete- who would've thought. And it was just as I was considering whether they use regular glitter or if there was some special glitter that particularly bonded with concrete that it happened. I wish I had a more momentous scenario to depict for you, but this was honestly it. Let me start from the beginning...

No comments: