About Me

My photo
I'm complicated. As long as you get that, it's pretty simple...

Friday, April 16, 2010

the good news

all the days that i've tried
all the nights that i cried and prayed to sleep
only to dream of you
all the ways that i fight
how i've tried with my might to find
the light; a way to tunnel through

and i feel like i've done all the right things
i've done what i'm supposed to do
i feel like i've earned the right now
to healing and something new
could i have healing for something new?

cuz it took me so long to get to
where i was before you
and now,
i'm broken down.
and as painful as this all is to me
i know it won't always be
but i
can no longer fight.
and i've tried so hard and for so long
i deserve to just feel strong
i deserve for this to be gone...
but here's the good news:
some day, i will be over you.

that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger
well, i'm still here
so how much longer til the strength?
or should strength feel like pain?

No comments: